Saturday, 23 May 2015
I have applied a coat of high fill putty primer to ensure all low spots are filled and are currently in the process of sanding in preparation for primer then top coat.
I'm having issues uploading pics so have added a link to share
Wednesday, 7 January 2015
What makes matters worse is that I have trimmed a good 100mm or so off the rear of the Jetski hull to allow the jet to sit further out with the hope it will improve handling but has reduced the area to fit the bucket onto:-(
After my purchase had arrived I cut 2 pieces of Aluminium with a hole drilled in the end, clamped them to the jet housing and used these as temporary bracket so I could get some sort of idea as to where the bucket would be mounted.
Being indecisive as to how far off the back of the jet nozzle the bucket should be, I plan to cut a few different sets of brackets so that once the boat is complete and the bucket is positioned too close or too high I will be able to simply swap the part over.
I drew up a design that I was happy with and cut them out on a CNC router.
|First bracket well under size|
|Recut bracket just a little bigger|
Wednesday, 26 November 2014
Taking off from where I left it, the hull had been sanded fair and paint purchased with my next step beginning to apply primer, but, after I noticed I had sanded through to glass fibre in a few small spots where the joining tape had been laid, I thought it was best I roll on a few more coats of Epoxy to ensure the base is thick enough.
While sanding back the hull, to break the monotony I have started finishing off the back of the Jet pump cover that hangs out past the Transom. HD foam has been used to fill the sides and top, I have profiled the foam so that it matched the shape of the inside, it will then be Epoxied and glassed into place in the coming days.
|Jet pump cover|
|Profiled HD Foam|
Monday, 2 December 2013
I had a problem with the stock Exhaust being to long hitting into the transom and with it being fixed to the manifold I was unable to turn it to one side, then after looking around for different options I discovered Coffman Exhaust Systems made performance exhaust kits for the TS model, they came with a silicon coupling which would enable it to be moved into the back corner. So after keeping a constant look out on Ebay I managed to pick myself up a brand new kit which some guy in the US had sitting around for the last 20yrs gathering dust.
Thank god it actually fits!
Friday, 29 November 2013
|Sanding in progress|
Monday, 11 November 2013
|Cut HD Foam|
|Fiberglass and Epoxy the foam in place|
Once the Epoxy had dried I sanded it down to follow the contours of the Squirt.
600 csm was then used to glass the foam into the hull.
Thursday, 7 November 2013
Wednesday, 30 October 2013
Although the template is to size, I cut the plywood over size by 10mm along the chine and ensured I had a straight edge forward of frame#2, the ply was dry fitted numerous times with a little fairing needed here and there ensuring it was a neat fit.
Friday, 18 October 2013
Upon my return they were un-clamped, epoxied and screwed into place.
Wednesday, 29 May 2013
As I have removed a section of the battens to make room for the ski hull aft of frame #1, I have added additional stringers by profiling them to fit the shape of the ski hull, these will be bolted to the transom and frame #1 in place of the removed battens.
|DIY Wood steamer|