Wednesday 29 May 2013

Jet Ski Hull Mods and install


As I have removed a section of the battens to make room for the ski hull aft of frame #1, I have added additional stringers by profiling them to fit the shape of the ski hull, these will be bolted to the transom and frame #1 in place of the removed battens.

Having some spare time while the epoxy dried I thought I would make myself a steamer using an old kettle I had laying around. I bolted a hose fitting to the lid then used Silicon to seal the lid and spout. After a trial run it seems to work quite well getting over 30min of steam from a full pot. Might have to rig up a easier way of filling it though.


Modified Kettle

DIY Wood steamer
 With both additional stringers now in place and the module squared and straightened on a panel saw I have been able to fit the keel and ski hull in position. I have had to fit it with the pump in place for I discovered the ski hull is off centre to the pump by 6mm.
 








No comments:

Post a Comment