Wednesday 7 January 2015

Reverse Bucket set up

Whilst beginning to assemble the rear Jet housing I thought it would be neat if I could some how add a reverse mechanism to the boat, this would have to be worked out prior to Epoxying the HD foam in place for additional tapping plates may have to be added. I purchased a Kawasaki reverse bucket off EBay and now have to work out how and where I'm going to mount this thing.
What makes matters worse is that I have trimmed a good 100mm or so off the rear of the Jetski hull to allow the jet to sit further out with the hope it will improve handling but has reduced the area to fit the bucket onto:-(

After my purchase had arrived I cut 2 pieces of Aluminium with a hole drilled in the end, clamped them to the jet housing and used these as temporary bracket so I could get some sort of idea as to where the bucket would be mounted.



Being indecisive as to how far off the back of the jet nozzle the bucket should be, I plan to cut a few different sets of brackets so that once the boat is complete and the bucket is positioned too close or too high I will be able to simply swap the part over.


I drew up a design that I was happy with and cut them out on a CNC router.


First bracket well under size

Recut bracket just a little bigger

No comments:

Post a Comment